Hua Foundation is a non-profit whose mission is to empower youth from the Asian diaspora to fully participate in advancing social change through exploring our racialized identities and building resilience in our communities.
We’re a small, feisty, and dedicated team at an exciting stage of growth for the organization. We’re seeking a new volunteer member of our board of directors to join us in early 2018 to help us bring our new vision to life.
Applications are due Friday, October 27th at 11:59PM.
Please apply through this form.
We are looking for individuals who meet all of these qualifications:
- Professional specialty in one of the following areas: social justice, communications, strategy, community engagement, non-profit governance, finance, fundraising, working with youth.
- Strong fluency with contemporary public discussions and debates about race, racism, power, and addressing inequity.
- Lived experience of racialization, racial discrimination, and bi-/tri-cultural identity formation.
- Experience working in or with non-profit organizations.
Bonus points would go to individuals who meet these qualifications:
- Experience working with youth from the Asian diaspora.
- A working knowledge of or interest in critical race scholarship (intersection of racial justice, culture, and power).
Board directors are asked to:
- Participate in monthly board meetings with Hua Foundation’s executive director to monitor the performance of Hua Foundation, participate in the review of its mission and development of its strategic plan, approve the budget, and monitor related financial performance.
- Participate in the evaluation of the executive director and organizational activities.
- Help guide the executive director in advancing Hua Foundation’s work in the community.
This volunteer role is based in Vancouver, B.C. The board meets on a weekday evening each month.
If you have any questions about the role or the organization, you can contact Miranda at miranda [@] huafoundation.org
Application form here.